In Mix-and-Match Mama Simmers: Slow-Cooker Creations Your Family Will Love, Shay Shull helps readers feel the "Super Mom effect" of having dinner simmering and ready to eat after an exhausting day. Shull utilizes her slow cooker to create delicious meals from her tweaked versions of her favorite recipes. Readers can have mouthwatering meals ready for them at the end of the day by just tossing a few ingredients together and letting the slow cooker take care of the rest. The following excerpt is from Chapter 6, "Andrea's Pulled Pork and Other Great Pork Recipes."
Two of my very favorite things come together in one delicious pizza: BBQ pulled pork and goat cheese. I mean to tell you... this dish right here will not disappoint. This is the kind of recipe you could make for your family on a weeknight and then again for a crowd over the weekend. Sure to please and always impress!
- 1 red onion, chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Either homemade pizza dough or one premade pizza crust
- About 2 cups of your favorite BBQ sauce
- About 1 pound Andrea's Pulled Pork
- About 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- About 8 ounces fresh goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté the onion in a drizzle of olive oil along with a big pinch of salt and pepper, about 7 to 8 minutes or until tender.
- While your onion is sautéing, spread the pizza crust with BBQ sauce.
- Next, spread the pulled pork over the sauce.
- Remove the onion from the skillet and spread it across the top of the pizza followed by the basil.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until the edge is nicely browned and the sauce is bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle the goat cheese across the top.
- Slice into wedges, serve, and enjoy.
More from Mix and Match Mama Simmers:
- Brisket Nachos Recipe
- Andrea's Pulled Pork Sandwiches Recipe
- Brisket and Bacon Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe