- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup lard
- 1 cup milk
- Heat oven to 450 F. Grease 12-cup muffin tin; set aside.
- In bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut in lard using pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir in milk.
- Divide dough evenly among cups in prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until tops are golden brown. Enjoy these biscuits with a bowl of warm pot pie.
Adapted from Betty Crocker.