Baked Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
6 to 8 servings
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 broiler hen
- 3 quarts diced potatoes
- 1 quart diced carrots
- 1 quart peas
- In large bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking powder. Cut in butter. Make well in center. Add egg and milk, and combine until dough forms.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out dough and cut into 1-inch squares. Set aside.
- In large stockpot with water, prepare broiler hen using preferred seasonings. When meat is done, remove, and let cool. Reserve broth, and remove meat from carcass. Set aside.
- Heat oven to 400 F. Grease large roasting pan.
- Layer half the potatoes, half the carrots, half the peas, and half the chicken in prepared pan. Top with half the dough squares. Repeat layers. Carefully cover with reserved broth.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Remove from oven and allow to cool before serving. Get more great pot pie recipes.
Adapted from Spring Creek Church of the Brethren Favorite Recipes.