Amanda’s Chicken Cherries Jubilee Recipe
By Renee Pottle
Photo by Adobestock/FomaA
A couple of years ago I made several batches of cherry jam. Some of it was overcooked. One of my daughters-in-law turned two jars of it into this creative chicken dish served over rice. She cooks for eight people every night, so meals that are tasty and simple are always a bonus. Yields 8 servings.
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pint overcooked cherry jam
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Place all ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours, or until chicken is cooked through.
Learn about other ways to fix jam disasters in:
- How to Save Overcooked Jam
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffin Recipe
- Sweet and Tangy Barbecue Sauce Recipe
Renee Pottle is a freelance writer and author. She writes about food preservation, food businesses, and gardening from her home in Kennewick, Washington.
Butterscotch Pie Recipe with a Lard Crust
Use lard to make the perfect pie crust for a sweet butterscotch meringue pie.
Mulberry Muffins Recipe
Try these delicious and easy-to-make mulberry muffins, whether for breakfast or a snack.
Mulberry Scones Recipe
Make these easy and flavorful scones bursting with mulberries.