Amanda’s Chicken Cherries Jubilee Recipe
By Renee Pottle | Jun 5, 2019
Photo by Adobestock/FomaA
A couple of years ago I made several batches of cherry jam. Some of it was overcooked. One of my daughters-in-law turned two jars of it into this creative chicken dish served over rice. She cooks for eight people every night, so meals that are tasty and simple are always a bonus. Yields 8 servings.
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pint overcooked cherry jam
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Place all ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours, or until chicken is cooked through.
Learn about other ways to fix jam disasters in:
- How to Save Overcooked Jam
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffin Recipe
- Sweet and Tangy Barbecue Sauce Recipe
Renee Pottle is a freelance writer and author. She writes about food preservation, food businesses, and gardening from her home in Kennewick, Washington.
Create a Home Canning Pantry That Works for You
If you’re anything like me you might be somewhat limited on your space. We have six people and live in a 1,500-square-foot home. I’m not complaining one bit about its size but sometimes, I do need to get creative when it comes to storing home canned foods and my canning supplies. If this is the […]
Grill Outside the Box
Sear up savory vegetable and bread dishes that go beyond traditional grill grub.
Seek Chanterelles in Summertime
Morels aren’t the only treasure available to mushroom lovers! Expand your foraging to include chanterelles, and savor their flavor in these recipes.