Dried Corn Soup Recipe
By Terri Schlichenmeyer | Jan 6, 2021
This Dried Corn Soup recipe will help you use up your excess garden produce.
- 2 cups dried corn
- 1/4 pound lean salt pork
- 2 medium onions, chopped fine
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 quart milk
- Soak corn overnight in enough salt water to cover.
- In the morning, simmer corn in that same water until kernels are tender, adding a little water if needed.
- Dice salt pork and fry in skillet until golden brown. Add onions and pepper.
- Add corn; then add milk and heat until good and hot. An old-time recipe.
Find a corn cutter and more in our Kitchen Tools.
Summer Days are Almost Over
Here’s what Nebraska Dave worked on this summer!
Gamify Your Farm Chores with Visual Lists and Apps
Farmers who are visual learners can form a new habit or reach a goal using visual cues, making it more likely they’ll stick with those habits long-term.
The 17-Year Cicada is About to Emerge
Photo by LadyDragonflyCC It’s going to get loud. They are coming by the billions and they should be here in the Midwest and the mid-Atlantic by May. It’s called Brood X, or the Great Eastern Brood, the arrival of the species of cicadas that surfaces every 17 years and fills the air with their deafening […]