By Getty Images/Moyo Studio
This oil-rich balm can be used anywhere you need a little extra skin-softening action. Yield: 4 ounces.
- 1/4 cup grated cocoa butter
- 2 tablespoons light sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon grated beeswax
1. Combine all the ingredients in a heat-resistant container. Place the container in a water bath, or in the microwave, and gently heat the contents until the cocoa butter and beeswax are just starting to melt.
2. Remove the container from the heat source, and stir until the oils and wax are combined. Pour the melted mixture into a clean jar, and allow it to cool completely.
3. Stir the cooled mixture.
To use: Massage into rough skin spots.
For more spring beauty recipes, see:
A Self-Care Routine for Spring
Alfalfa Sprout Scrub Recipe
Elbow Grease Recipe
Three Musketeers Aftershave Recipes
Seasons change and your skin care routine can, too. In Natural Beauty for All Seasons, natural beauty expert Janice Cox walks readers through 250 body, bath, and hair care recipes that they can make on their own during each season! Not one of the recipes calls for any more skill than being able to boil water. And an introductory section reveals what equipment is necessary and where needed ingredients can easily be found. Janice Cox is an author, the beauty editor for Herb Quarterly magazine, and a frequent speaker at Mother Earth News Fairs. These recipes are reprinted from her book, Natural Beauty for All Seasons, available below. Order from the GRIT Store or by calling 800-234-3368.
Originally Published: March/April 2020