Old West Festival Fact Sheet
Dates & Times:
September 8 to October 7, 2012
Saturdays & Sundays only
10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (Rain or shine)
1449 Greenbush Cobb Rd
Williamsburg, Ohio 45176
(just off U.S. Rt. 32, near Greater Cincinnati)
$6 kids ages 6 to 12
Kids 5 and under are FREE
Parking is FREE
- Comedic Saloon shows and more presented by The LimeyBirds!
- Learn to play Faro and Chuck-a-luck!
- The Pickled Brothers Circus returns!
- Theme weekends are back! Cowboy Charity Weekend Sept. 8-9; Steam Punk Weekend Sept. 15-16; Native American Weekend Sept. 22-23; Old West Cinema Weekend Sept. 29-30; America’s Pastime Weekend October 6-7
- Rodeo Drill Teams and new riding shows at the Cowboy Capital Corral!
- Magic by Professor Faris
- 1870s Western Traveling Medicine Show by the Mockingbird Theatre
- Gun fight re-enactments and trick shooting by the Big Irons Gunfighters
- 1800s period music performed on the Dodge House Stage and the Chisholm Trail Stage
- Vintage dancing
- Old-fashioned melodramas performed daily
- Cowboy Church Saturdays and Sundays at 10:30 a.m.
- Cowboy poetry and prairie readings
- At 10:15 a.m. each day, kids can be sworn in by the cowboys as a deputy
- Locomotive, covered wagon, horse and pony rides
- Games and panning for gold
- Daily puppet shows, magic shows and sing-a-longs
- Photos with their favorite cowboy or other strolling historic interpreters
- Learn about life as a cowhand twice daily from demonstrations and hands-on activities by Fred Shaw. Kids can even try their hand at roping real steer!
- Historically accurate store fronts include a dance hall, clothing store and western-themed souvenirs
- All patrons can dress up in historic clothing and have their photos taken in the photo emporium
- Great food and drink in the Long Branch Saloon, Wright and Beverly’s Restaurant and around town
- Old west and western-themed crafts such as pottery, brooms, walking sticks, baskets, wood carvings, leather products, hand knitted items, cowboy hats and other paraphernalia available for purchase.
This press release is presented without editing for your information. GRIT does not recommend, approve or endorse the products and/or services offered. You should use your own judgment and evaluate products and services carefully before deciding to purchase.