Feng Shui — you’ve heard the term. As defined (in Chinese thought) it is a system of laws considered to govern spatial arrangement and orientation to the flow of energy (qi) and whose favorable or unfavorable effects are taken into account when siting and designing buildings.
In other words, it’s not just a design feature for your home. It’s a real scientific system consisting of complicated Binary systems of mathematics.
A home with good Feng Shui feels in balance. One feels more connected with oneself, one’s body and one’s surroundings.
By balancing the energy in your home or workplace, it raises the vibration for positive, balanced energy. You should always remember that your home is merely a reflection of what is happening in your life. When you feel connected with the elements in your balanced space, you will notice the natural elements supported in all that you do.
So, let’s break this down a little bit:
First, there is the Scientific aspect of Feng Shui. This is a Classical practice which is mathematical, calculating energy based on time and space.
The Intentional aspect is about what the home or business and artwork within says to you.
Lastly, the Energetic aspect involves a few things —
• A warm and peaceful feeling among the home or business
• Location of the dwelling
• Is the area quiet and safe?
• Shape and size of the structure and rooms (also take into account the direction of the structure’s face).
• Average temperature
• ALL FIVE senses must be engaged.
Don’t think it works? Be aware of your LUCK —
• Heaven Luck — is also known as astrology or our natal chart. We’ve all experienced times when we felt like we were going against a river. And then there are other times when everything goes your way. It’s in these items when we feel like we have little, if any, control of our life and destiny — for good or bad.
• Earth Luck — is the Feng Shui aspect of our success. Have you ever lived in a house that just seemed cursed? Perhaps as soon as you moved in everything seemed to go wrong. The energy flow in our home and land we live will have a direct impact on our own energy flow. This will in effect impact all areas of your life — from finances to love to health.
• Human Luck — is the aspect in which we feel like our life is in our hands. We are in control. We have free will. Our fate is in our hands — at least 33% of it! The more we make conscious choices, intentions, thoughts, the more we will be in control of our Human Luck. Have you ever come across someone who just seemed to live life in default? They just took what life handed them. This is a case of not using their 33% of Human Luck.
As Feng Shui has become more accepted in the western world, there has been a tremendous amount of information and mis-information that has been released regarding this most ancient of arts —
Feng Shui has been practiced in the east for millennia, and while it may seem exotic and mysterious to westerners, it is really based on the most basic of premises; the fact that energy is all around us, every minute, and that it has a physical impact on our environment.
Consider that while scientists called these energies, collectively “qi”, in the west we know them better by names such as gravitational and magnetic fields, or as electromagnetic energy. We acknowledge that they exist, and we don’t hesitate to use them when it comes to technological advancements, but we tend to downplay the impact that these sorts of energies have on every aspect of our lives, at least we did until the introduction of quantum physics to the realm of scientific thought.
With the advent of quantum physics, the idea of all things being connected, of there being underlying forces that impact the physical world began to be accepted, and as the understanding of how these forces play out not just in everyday life, but on time and space as well, the parallels between quantum physics and traditional Feng Shui became more apparent.
The art of Feng Shui is quite literally, the ability to detect and correct the imbalances in the flow of these ancient energies through observation and repeatable calculations and the implementation of time-honored methodologies. Trained Feng Shui practitioners and masters go through intensive training to learn how to recognize imbalances and what to do about them when they detect them.
It’s time to give this age old technique a try in your home or office. I promise you will notice the benefits — if you pay attention ...
Photo by Fotolia/beibaoke
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE