Anyone who has ever grown zucchini knows that it can be a prolific producer, and one of the ways to preserve the harvest for the future is to grate it and freeze it. I’ve been using up some of this past summer’s zucchini bounty by adding it to chocolate cake, lasagna, potato pancakes – and this recipe for salmon loaf, which is a simple comforting meal you can put together in minutes.
Zucchini Salmon Loaf
• 2 cans (7.5 ounce) salmon, flaked, drained (low sodium is good)
• 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs or soda cracker crumbs
• 1 egg
• 1/2 cup shredded frozen zucchini, thawed, drained (if you have fresh zucchini, use that!)
• 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
• 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (sweet paprika will work if you don’t have or don't like the flavor of smoked)
• Freshly cracked pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
2. Combine all ingredients together in a bowl. Press them firmly into the prepared loaf pan.
3. Bake for 20 minutes. Serve with your favorite side dishes.
Photo by Getty Images/DebbiSmirnoff