If you’re thinking of grilling tonight, try this Chicken Wings With Grilled Ginger Plum Coulis Recipe, which works as an appetizer or an entrée, paired with rice and a summer vegetable.
Quick and Easy Fall Chicken Recipes
Chicken Wings With Grilled Ginger Plum Coulis Recipe
- 4 pounds chicken wings, tips removed and cut at the joint
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons freshly ground pepper, divided
- 4 plums, halved and pitted
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Season wings with salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. Heat grill to medium-high.
- Place chicken and plum halves, cut side down, on grill. Reduce heat to medium and close grill cover. Grill plums for about 4 minutes on each side, or until soft but not falling apart. Remove plums to bowl of blender or food processor.
- Increase heat on grill to medium-high. Continue to cook wings for an additional 8 to 10 minutes. Turn and grill for 10 to 15 minutes longer. Wings should register 170ºF when tested with an instant-read thermometer. When done, remove to serving platter.
- While wings are grilling, to the plums add vinegar, hoisin sauce, ginger, soy sauce, scallions and remaining pepper. Process ingredients until it makes a smooth coulis.
- During the last 3 to 4 minutes of grilling, baste wings with 1/4 cup coulis.
- To serve, drizzle wings with remaining coulis or serve coulis in bowl on the side for dipping. Sprinkle wings with chopped cilantro and serve immediately. Yields 4 servings.