Although a lot of folks don’t know it, Swisher helped pioneer the zero-turn concept more than 50 years ago, before many of today’s mower manufacturers were in business. And though the company is known for much more than mowers today, their commitment to the ZTR mower has never waned. Today, Swisher’s commitment continues with a full line of innovative, rugged, dependable and hard-working zero-turn mowers.
All of Swisher’s zero-turn mowers are built with a mid-deck design providing a true 360° turning radius and the low center of gravity and profile provide excellent maneuverability and stability. This easy handling makes mowing around trees, shrubs and other obstacles a breeze. Up to 8.5 MPH operating speed dramatically reduces mowing time … however, with our less-than-smooth lawn, mowing at that speed would be downright scary.
Swisher’s new 42-inch ZTR is called the ZT18542A and comes with the following features:
• Powerful 18.5 HP Briggs & Stratton engine
• 42-inch stamped cutting deck great for residential or commercial mowing
• Cutting height is adjustable 1" to 4" with manual lever, spring assisted deck lift
• 1.1 gallon fuel capacity keeps you mowing for longer periods of time
• Eaton commercial grade hydrostatic transmission
• Stationary front axle
• 8-8x6.5" rear tires and 4-41x3.5" front tires for greater traction and stability
• Two blades cut grass into fine clippings
• Comfortable 15-inch mid-back seat
• Electric PTO clutch
• Automatic parking brakes on ergonomic steering handles
• Sandpaper grit mats on deck for operator safety
• Convenient storage compartment
When you are in the market for an affordable, new mower, check this model out at a dealer near you.
Hank Will raises hair sheep, heritage cattle and many varieties of open-pollinated corn with his wife, Karen, on their rural Osage County, Kansas farm. His home life is a perfect complement to his professional life as editor in chief at GRIT and Capper's Farmer magazines. Connect with him on Google+.