For more about tobacco in your recipes and this plant's properties, see: Growing Tobacco on a Small Scale.
• 1 pound wild game, cubed (this can also be a vegetarian dish)
• Fresh vegetables cut into small pieces, including fingerling carrots, onions, peppers, garlic, potatoes
• Olive oil or butter, for sautéing and to coat each tobacco leaf
• Fresh whole tobacco leaves
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. In a large bowl, combine meat and vegetables.
3. In a skillet over medium heat, sauté mixture in olive oil 5 to 7 minutes until vegetables begin to brown. Set aside and allow to cool slightly.
4. Spread tobacco leaves on a baking sheet, and coat leaves with butter or oil. Fill tobacco leaves with meat and vegetable mixture. Tuck sides in and wrap leaf around mixture. Do not overstuff; you want to be able to wrap the leaf completely around the mixture.
5. Bake 30 minutes, or until meat is cooked thoroughly, checking periodically.
6. Remove from oven, and cool slightly. Unwrap mixture and serve. The tobacco will leave a delicious flavor behind in the filling!