Zesty Nacho Casserole
FOR MORE, SEE EASY VENISON RECIPES
• 2 tablespoons cooking oil
• 1 pound ground venison
• 1 package (14 ounces) frozen corn, thawed and drained
• 1-1/2 cups chunky salsa
• 3/4 cup sour cream
• 1 teaspoon chili powder
• 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
• 2 cups grated Colby or Monterey Jack cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Heat oil in large skillet. Add venison, and cook until browned, breaking meat into crumbles as it cooks. When meat is almost cooked through, add corn, and cook for another 5 minutes.
3. Remove from heat, and stir in salsa, sour cream, and chili powder.
4. In 2-quart casserole dish, layer half the venison mixture, half the crushed tortilla chips, and half the cheese. Repeat layering with remaining venison, chips and cheese.
5. Bake for about 20 minutes.
NOTE: To make nacho appetizers, prepare venison as directed above. Replace crushed tortilla chips with cup-shaped tortilla "scoop" chips. Arrange scoops on baking sheet, and fill with venison mixture. Top each with small amount of cheese. Bake for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.