Easy Venison Chili
FOR MORE, SEE EASY VENISON RECIPES
• 2 tablespoons cooking oil
• 1 pound ground venison
• 1 medium onion chopped
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1 teaspoon paprika
• 1 teaspoon oregano
• 1 teaspoon cumin
• 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• 1 can (29 ounces) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
• 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce, or 1 quart home-canned tomato sauce
• 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
• Grated cheese and sour cream, optional
1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add venison, onion, garlic, paprika, oregano, cumin, cayenne, salt and pepper, and cook until venison is browned, breaking meat into crumbles as it cooks.
2. Stir in kidney beans, sauce and paste. Simmer over low heat, stirring often, until heated through.
3. Serve garnished with cheese and sour cream, if desired.
NOTE: If you don't eat all the chili, serve it over cooked rice for a fantastic leftover meal the next day.