Home Cooking blog.
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
• 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce, or to taste
• 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
• 1 1/2 teaspoons liquid mesquite flavoring
• 2 teaspoons packed light brown sugar
• 1 tablespoon onion powder
• 2 teaspoons garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1 pound turkey meat, sliced thin
1. Combine all ingredients except turkey slices in large zipper-seal bag. Add turkey to bag. Seal and squish to coat meat. Unseal and squeeze out all air. Reseal, and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
2. Remove turkey from marinade and gently pat off excess moisture with paper towels. Place turkey strips in single layers, with space in between, on dehydrator racks.
3. Dehydrate until jerky is leathery and chewy, but not crisp enough to snap when bent. See manufacturer directions for approximate cooking times.
4. Cool completely, then store in zipper-seal bags in refrigerator.
Want more jerky recipes? Read How to Make Jerky for a full array of recipes and an introduction into the world of jerky.