• 2 cups gluten-free flour blend*
• 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
• 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon guar gum powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 3/4 cup honey
• 1/2 cup butter, softened
• 1 cup pumpkin purée
• 1 large egg
• 1 cup chopped pecans
• 2/3 cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease 3 cookie sheets, or line with parchment paper; set aside.
2. In bowl, whisk together flour blend, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, guar gum powder, and salt.
3. In bowl of stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream honey and butter. Beat in pumpkin and egg. The mixture will look curdled, but it will smooth out when the dry ingredients are added.
4. With mixer on low speed, add dry ingredients, and mix until thoroughly blended. Mix in pecans and cranberries.
5. Drop tablespoons of dough, 1 inch apart, onto prepared cookie sheets, and bake for 15 minutes, or until firm to the touch.
6. Cool on cookie sheets for 5 minutes. Then, using spatula, transfer cookies to wire rack and cool completely.
*Use store-bought gluten-free flour blend, or make your own blend by combining equal parts of white rice flour, tapioca starch, and potato starch or gluten-free cornstarch.