Mrs. Eisenhower’s Favorite Fudge
• 4 squares (1 ounce each) chocolate
• 4 tablespoons butter
• 1 egg
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 2 tablespoons cream or top milk
• 1 pound confectioner’s sugar
• 1 cup chopped nuts
2. In bowl, combine egg, vanilla, cream and confectioner’s sugar. Stir into melted chocolate, and then knead in nuts.
3. Transfer fudge onto buttered platter and refrigerate for several hours before cutting.
Note: If using sweet butter, add a pinch of salt.
Interested in some more special treats for Thanksgiving and Christmas? Whip up some of the homemade delights featured in Recipe Box: Holiday Candy Recipes.
Associate Editor Jean Teller is sure she’s not the only one to consider the candy and desserts one of the best – and certainly the most tasty – parts of the holiday season.