Cherry Amber Pie
FOR MORE, SEE EASY PIE RECIPES
• 1 cup sour cream
• 1 cup cherries, pitted
• 3 eggs, separated
• 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
• 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
• 1 baked 9-inch pie shell
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. In saucepan over medium heat, combine sour cream, cherries, egg yolks, flour and 1⁄2 cup sugar. Cook until thick, stirring constantly.
3. Pour thickened filling into baked pie shell. Set aside.
4. In small bowl, using electric mixer, beat egg whites with remaining sugar until stiff. Spread meringue over pie filling.
5. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until meringue is nicely browned.