• 1 head broccoli, cut into small pieces
• 1/2 cup chopped red onion
• 1/2 cup raisins
• 1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
• 1 cup chopped cashews or pecans
• 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained, optional
• 1 cup mayonnaise
• 2 tablespoons vinegar
• 1/2 cup sugar
• Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
• Red onion rings, optional
1. In large bowl, toss together broccoli, chopped onion, raisins, bacon, cashews and water chestnuts, if using.
2. In small bowl, combine mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar, and mix until sugar is dissolved. Stir into broccoli mixture, mixing well.
3. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Serve garnished with shredded cheese and red onion rings, if desired.
Find more nut-enriched recipes here: Nut Recipes for the Country Kitchen.