You can purchase this book from the GRIT store: Fresh & Fermented
This is by far our most sought-after recipe and the one we made to celebrate winning our first Good Food Award. We suggest making a double batch because you’ll want to eat it with everything!
It’s always the biggest hit at our Fermented Happy Hour, where we serve it as a delectable dip with veggies and crackers.
Experiment! Add a bit of extra kimchi brine to thin it and stir it into pasta, or add a bit more cheese to make a thicker spread for sandwiches or wraps. It’s also great slathered on any burger.
• 3/4 cup Firefly Kimchi
• 8 ounces cream cheese
• 1⁄4 cup goat cheese (1 ounce) (optional)
• 1 clove garlic, crushed 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
• 1 teaspoon sriracha, or your favorite hot sauce
• Brine or extra-virgin olive oil, for thinning
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Take the kimchi out of the jar with a clean fork, letting any extra brine drain back into it.
2. Whirl the kimchi in a food processor for 1 minute.
3. Add the cream cheese, goat cheese, and garlic, and blend for another 30 seconds.
4. Add the parsley and hot sauce, and pulse a few more times until the cheese is smooth. If it’s too thick for your liking, add a splash of brine or oil.
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve chilled.
More From Fresh & Fermented:
(c) 2014 by Julie O’Brien and Richard J. Climenhage. All rights reserved. Excerpted from Fresh & Fermented by permission of Sasquatch Books. Buy this book from our store: Fresh & Fermented.