There are some definite signs around our place that we've had plenty of rain. I think the ground is saturated enough to properly hydrate the world for the next 10 years.
I don't know about your homestead, but ours is pretty much as soaked as it can get. I'm not sure what we are going to do with the additional rain being forecasted. Our land is pretty much a soggy, squishy, and fully saturated disaster at this point.
Here are My Top 10 Indicators to show you've had enough rain:
10. The ducks are swimming in the front yard. Which by the way has never been a pond, lake, creek or stream before.
9. You need to mow twice a week, but you can't because it won't stop raining.
8. You don't have a gravel driveway anymore. I'm not sure where the gravel went, but it's gone and there's creek where the driveway used to be.
7. It's July and your grass isn't dead.
6. The sump pump won't quit running.
5. There is no longer a "wallow" in Pig Wonderland. Pig Wonderland is now a wallow. Go here to see Pig Wonderland.
4. It's been a month since you filled a stock tank. The cows, the pigs, the chickens, the ducks all have full water tanks ... and you didn't fill them.
3. Everything that hasn't washed out of the garden or drowned now has a fungus. Grumble.
2. It's been so long since you've seen the sun, when it briefly appears it's unusually horrible, bright and painful.
1. The plague of the frogs has returned from Genesis and descended on your homestead. I am being stalked and attacked. I'm pretty sure our homestead used to be a frog farm. They are on my front porch, in my garage, in the milking barn, in the front yard. Everywhere I go a frog tries to assault, I mean, hop at me. More on frog assaults here (There's Something in My Boot) and here (The Frog Princess).
OK, I just couldn't stop at 10. There's one more excellent indication that must be mentioned.
How to tell you've had enough rain?
Drum roll, please ...
It's summer and you don't have a farmer's tan.
Stay dry everyone!